Sunday, May 20, 2007

The BBQ Fiasco

It's BBQ season. I look forward to it every year. Shannon cooks out on the grill, while I relax in the house. For the opening day of BBQ season this year, I decided to get a little more creative than burgers and hotdogs. I'm a big fan of Menus4Moms. In her menu for the week of May 14-18, she posted a very delicious-sounding recipe for Honey Pecan Chicken. I thought we'd give it a whirl. So, last night Shannon fired up the BBQ. No propane for my man. He likes the old fashioned charcoal grill. I mixed up the basting sauce for the chicken, and brought the chicken and sauce outside for my man to grill. He put the chicken on the grill and slathered on the basting sauce. Then POOF! The flames shot up, and there was smoke everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE! The neighbors probably thought our house was burning down. Shannon looked embarassed, and I assured him that the flames were sure to die down, but everytime he removed the BBQ lid, the smoke poured out. Meanwhile I collapsed in the hall from laughter. When all was said and done, we had to toss the chicken that was charred black on the outside and raw on the inside. We had spinach salad and roasted asparagus for dinner. Thank goodness we didn't try to grill the asparagus! On a side note, the honey-pecan sauce made a good salad dressing. Related Tags: ,

No comments: