Sunday, May 27, 2007

It's amazing how kids influence you....

I'm not a sports fan. Never have been. I'll watch the occasional football game, and I'll watch my kids' soccer games, of course. Other than that, I've never been into watching sports. Until this year. Sam received a Cars dvd for Christmas, and from the moment he first watched the movie, he was hooked on Nascar racing. He quickly learned the names of all the Nascar drivers, and instead of an allowance, he earns trips to Wal-mart to buy a little Nascar car every week. Over the weeks, as I've learned more about Nascar racing from my 4 year old, I've become more interested myself. And this afternoon, instead of reading a book or taking a nap like I normally do on Sunday afternoons, I've been spending the last 5 hours watching the Nascar Coca-Cola 600. Yes, 5 hours. Insane.

No comments: