Monday, June 25, 2007

So I started my weight loss plan....sort of

I know I was planning to start on Saturday, but my plans got derailed Friday night. My dearest husband, who was out of town for my birthday, ordered a giant birthday cake from Yummycakes for a get-together our friends were having. Unfortunately one of the friends throwing the little party got sick, so only a few people showed up. I had to take half a sheet cake home. Who can resist temptation like that? After a rough, cake filled weekend, I started my weight loss plan this morning. I'm tracking my progress at SparkPeople. If you've never been to Sparkpeople, you should really check it out. The site is free to use, and it has handy tools for setting goals and tracking exercise and nutrition information. And did I mention it's free? So here's the good, the bad, and the ugly from today. The good: I worked out on the elliptical machine today and burned 350 calories. That's more than my goal of 187 calories! Woohoo! The bad: I missed my goal of eating between 1200-1550 calories in one day. I consumed 2062 calories today. The Dr. Pepper and coffee with cream and sugar (way too much cream and sugar) really did me in. The good news is there's only one more Dr. Pepper in the fridge. After that, the temptation is gone. The ugly: No wonder I've been gaining weight! I feel like today I've only eaten a fraction of what I normally eat, and I STILL went over my calorie goal. I shudder to think of how many calories I normally eat in a day. It really is eye-opening write everything down. Tomorrow is a new day. Since VBS is this week, I have 5 free mornings to workout at the YMCA. I think I'll hit the weight machines tomorrow.

No comments: