Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Works-for-Me Wednesday: Laundry System

When my daughter was born 9 years ago, and my laundry quadrupled (why does that happen?), I found myself overwhelmed by the task of getting clothes washed, dried and put away. Over the years, I’ve come up with a system that works for me, and now I never get behind on laundry. I made a laundry schedule that looks like this: Monday: Adult clothes Tuesday: Kid sheets and all towels Wednesday: Kid clothes Thursday: Adult bed sheets Friday: All towels I start the first load before I bring the kids to school, and I always fold and put away the laundry before I go to bed at night, so the washing machine and dryer are ready to go the next morning. The best part about this schedule is that I rarely have to do laundry on weekends! Be sure to head over to Rocks in My Dryer for more Works-for-Me Wednesday tips!

2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I just started doing that recently, and boy, it really does make a difference! I have a machine that runs into a drywell, and I can only do 2 washes a day or it will backflood. Leaving one wash a day free for anyone who wants to do it (my 3 older kids handle their own laundry), my own schedule is: Monday: underthings, Tues: tops, Wed: skirts and pants, Thurs: Towels, Fri: Sheets, aprons, and that kind of thing, Sat: Pajamas and on Sunday, I have my youngest one gather up all his stuff to do a wash for school. I may not ever catch up to all the laundry, but having a system like this means that I at least can put a whole outfit together each day, LOL!

SeaBird said...

If your laundy quadrupled with one, I guess mine increased eight times last year when my boys were born :) (especially since they had GERD for a year!) This is a great tip!